The Evolutionary War materials


Thursday, October 9, 2014

Rough draft, excerpt 16: "Acid Ingestion" lyrics




music by Ryan Patrick; lyrics by Ryan Patrick and Gerald Moore
Copyright © 1996 Samsara Music
from their album Burn While Listening


I hadn’t climbed up very far
A golden ladder made of stars
When I tripped hard and flew off into space

I fell through sounds of cosmic laughter
Light and darkness tumbling after
Ultraviolet gave chase

Time blowing through my hair
Silence laughing everywhere
Colors followed dark nowhere as they joined in the race

I missed the ground and swept on by
To the horizon’s other side
Where I punched right through the sky and fought it face to face


It pummeled me with thundrous fists
Chewed me up and spat me into bits
Amidst its screaming fits, it picked me up and it threw

I landed hard, bounced off the mist
Bruised, reality got pissed
Shouting “Can’t make me exist if I don’t want to”

And now I’ve got a thousand eyes
And all of them are telling lies
All working to disguise the edge of the dream

And though it take a million tries
My consciousness again will rise
But until then I will find out just how loud I can scream




No comments: